Thursday, June 12, 2008

better and better

Joe has been steadily improving since he receiving the new treatment. He still can't swallow real food, but he's able to get up to move to his chair, so he's MUCH happier. He's nutrapenic right now, but that's good cause it means the chemo's working. His friend Ryan got a 5 week leave from the Peace Corp to come visit Joe. Man, there's a guy who not only asks what he can do for his country, but also asks what he can do for his friends! Last night I got to hear all about Vanuatu, which is an island nation off New Zealand where he's stationed. It was VERY interesting!

So, for our next fundraiser, we're going to be selling t-shirts. I'm not sure yet exactly what the price will be as it will depend on what the costs are. I'm hoping they'll be somewhere between 10 and 15 bucks. If you'd like to pre-order so I'm sure to have your size, say the word. Also, if you have an idea for a design or slogan, submit it, baby! So far the best one I've heard is, "Forget the whales; save Joe!" If I get more than one good submission, we'll have a vote! Exciting!

2 comments:

Texas Welch's said...

I am so happy that Joey got to see Ryan. Tell Joey that I send lots of Love!!! I have strep throat right now so I am unable to come and see him. I hope the family is holding up strong.-Jo

Texas Welch's said...

Joe it's great to hear the juice is workin'! Jo is not yet 100% so I have to hold off coming up there for now. Hopefully the Doc will clear her in the next couple of days then I'll be rollin' by.

Clayton