Monday, January 28, 2008

Better

Joe seems to be doing better this week. He's just finishing up his first round of chemo and his platelet count is 130! His white blood cell count is hovering around 2 more or less, and his hemoglobin is down, so he's still getting transfusions. His blood poisoning seems to be getting better, and the doctor is quite amazed at Joe's excellent progress. If he continues in this direction, he might be able to come home at the end of the week! He'll have to go back on Feb 13th for his next round of chemo, but at least he might get SOME time at home! He's very excited, so let's keep our fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

All good thoughts and prayers are coming in your direction. Stay upbeat and laugh. Laughter truly is one of the best types of medicine. Hang in there!
Aunt Robin, Uncle Daniel and Caleb

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe,
Glad to hear you're feeling a bit better. Sorry I haven't been able to come back up, I've been sick and am still carrying the cold part around. There have been days where I have wanted to come up there and see you and say hi to your family, but I knew with a cold it was in your best interest to not come.

I hope your days are getting easier,and I know you're a fighter..after all, one of your favorite past times is to argue :)

I'll come to visit as soon as I shake this, and Jen said hello as well (she's been sick too, plus who knows what she carries around on her after being at work all day).

Take care babe. If y'all need ANYTHING please call me! I know everyone says that, but I truly mean it. You're a great friend and I'll do anything for ya.
Love ya,
Kristi

Texas Welch's said...

Well I'm glad things are on the up and up. I really like to the Blog, it's a great idea.

Clayton