Wednesday, July 09, 2008

6 months!

Today is Joe's 6 month anniversary! What's the gift for 6 months in the hospital? Paper? Food? Who knows! They need an etiquette guide for this sort of thing. So far, Joe's been doing really well on the chemo, but it usually doesn't hit him for a day or two. My son just got back into town last night and I think it's really boosting Joe's spirit to spend time with him, and that's good, cause it looks like he might be spending LOTS of time with him. You see, I can't take him to work with me, so mom's taking him up to the hospital. This morning dad was supposed to get an angioplasty, so mom left Ethan with Joe while dad was getting the procedure so she could be available for the doctors to speak to her. When they got in there, they decided that dad was in way worse shape than they thought. They admitted him to ICU, and tomorrow he's getting a sextuplet bypass. That's right, 6 arteries are THAT blocked. So, hopefully Joe stays in good shape, or I'll have to take Ethan to work with me, and my boss HATES kids! :)

Joe's really appreciated all the extra visitors that have been coming his way lately. He said, "I don't know why all of the sudden everyone's coming to visit me, but I like it!" Tee hee! It'll be our little secret! Thanks for taking the time and keep up the good work!

No comments: