Sunday, May 25, 2008

stupid system

We're waiting and hoping right now. Baylor turned Joe down because he doesn't have insurance. The doctors are trying and trying to find a hospital that has the facilities to treat him that will take him, but I'm worried because the cancer moves so fast; I hope the search doesn't take too long. They're checking out a hospital in Houston and one in Galveston that has a program that would pay for everything, so hopefully that would work out. The oncologist suggested contacting the media, so I wrote all the local news stations and Oprah. :) I haven't heard back from any of them. If any body out there has any suggestions or knows any strings they can pull, we'll gladly take the help!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow -- this sucks. I was thinking that at least if you went to Baylor I could visit you, since its only about 10 minutes from where I work. I can't believe they turned you down -- clearly they don't know who they're dealing with. I don't think I know anyone who could help but I'll think on it some. Hang in there. :-(
Wendy