Sunday, February 03, 2008

I was wrong!

Well, clearly Joe did not get out of the hospital last week. He's still nutrapenic (which means his white blood cell count is below 2 and everyone has to wear masks) and he's not even aloud to leave his room, let alone the hospital. But he seems to be in better spirits and he's in the mood to socialize, so if you're not sick come on down! It's hard to believe that he's in a good mood since his hair has officially started falling out. But he entertains himself by pulling chunks of it out at a time, which is quite disturbing. Next time you see him, I'll have given him a buzz cut, so brace yourself for no well gelled metrosexual like you're used to!

They've had to put him on bags of stuff that look like milk that's full of good stuff because they don't think he's eating enough. Maybe you can think of something to bring that would tempt him! I'm gonna take him some ramen, but I feel sure you can do better. :) Remember, no uncooked foods like fruit, and his mouth hurts so rough foods won't go well.

I'm having a Pampered Chef fund raiser party on March 8th. All profits from everything sold go to Joe, as well as the sales lady's commission (isn't that nice of her!). Anyone who is interested is welcome to send the information to anyone in the US, and you don't have to go to the party to be involved. If you'd like to come to the actual party, email me your address at margie_vi@yahoo.com and I will mail you an invite, or if you'd like information for ordering or for sending information to all your friends and relatives (especially your rich aunt who loves to cook) email me and as soon as I get the info I'll send it straight to you. We've just received the first medical bills, and boy howdy! So don't order anything at anyone else's party!! :) Catch ya soon!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe. Hope you are feelin better man. I've wanted to get back up there to see you, but I've had this nagging illness for the last week. As soon as I can kick it I'll be making a trip back up there. Let me know if you need anything.

Russ