Monday, February 18, 2008

scary

Joe seems to have taken a rather serious turn. The left side of his face is numb, which means that the left side of his tongue, mouth and left eyelids aren't working. He looks kind of like a stroke victim. He had a cat scan and an MRI (since he lost 45 lbs, he fits now!), and tomorrow he'll be having a spinal tap. It seems like the most likely candidates, in this order, are: a tumor in his brain, fluid putting pressure on his brain, or a hematoma on his brain. I didn't have the courage to ask what the long term effects of this could be. I figured let's find out what it is before we worry about that. Seems this is also most likely what's been causing his vomiting, which has gotten exponentially worse in the last couple of days. Conversly, his numbers seems to be going up. How ironic is that?

He really doesn't want visitors at the moment, so be sure and call to see if it's ok rather than just popping in. I'll update the second I have more information.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there Joe. I'm going to try and make it up there thursday if you are up to it. I'll give you a call first just to make sure.

Russ

Texas Welch's said...

Man, I was up there this weekend and you were lookin all good'n sexy.

Hope you're felling a little better as the days move on.

Clayton