Wednesday, February 20, 2008

not well

I don't know if I was misinformed or if I misunderstood, but Joe told me tonight that the cancer is in his brainstem. He didn't ask he doctor how bad that is, and I've been looking online and I can't seem to find anything about that. Joe's condition seems to be getting worse all the time. He's thrown up at least 10 times today, and as of 7 this evening had only eaten a jello cup. His head hurts so much that he can't tolerate any light at all and can't even really carry on a conversation. For the time I was there he was clearly in massive amounts of pain. The doctor put him on a deladum drip which means he will receive constant painkillers, but I told him that it seems like a migraine and he should ask the doctor if migraine drugs might do more for him. He asked me to pray for him A LOT, and I'm sure your prayers would be appreciated as well. The bone marrow biopsy is tomorrow morning, and I hope that they will start the next round of chemo after that because if that's what it takes to get rid of that headache then they should get on the ball! As his white blood cell count is 7, and his platelet count is 550 *!* I personally see no reason for them to wait. I know that they wanted Joe to go home between, but he obviously can't go anywhere in his current condition. It seems quite unfair really, that he waited all this time for his counts to get higher and now he can't enjoy it. On the up side, visitors no longer have to wear masks! Send all those good vibes Joe's way, he needs them now more than ever!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Poodles,
I'll be callin to see when I can come see you this weekend--I'm finally not sick anymore, I even waited an extra week to make sure all my germs were gone! I pray for you and your family everyday, and it's spread all through Pennsylvania and Florida--you think of a prayer list and you're on it..talk about being popular, geez!
I hope today has gone better for you!
love ya,
Kristi Rae

Anonymous said...

Hey Joe!

I just found out about this website from Heather...I'm glad I can keep up with you now (props to your sis for setting this up). So sorry to hear about everything you're going through. Steve and I think about you a lot and my mom always asks about you. We're sending lots of love and prayers your way. Hang in there! Ben is getting bigger every day. We bought him this Jumparoo thing...basically a big saucer with toys that he sits in and its attached to bungee cords so he can bounce in it. That thing is awesome -- he loves it and even better, it tires his little ass out! Today he almost fell asleep in it. I'll send you some more pictures sometime. I go back to work in 1 week...it will be strange not to be with him 24/7. Love ya,
Wendy (and Steve and Ben)

Anonymous said...

Hey Joey,

I am sorry to see you are not feeling well. But Clay tells me you are really taking a vacation and getting drunk, plus you look dead sexy. Hang in there and get well soon so we can go out and act stupid.

Brent